GoGirls
هل تريد التفاعل مع هذه المساهمة؟ كل ما عليك هو إنشاء حساب جديد ببضع خطوات أو تسجيل الدخول للمتابعة.

personal forum for English Literature Dpt.

الرئيسيةالرئيسية  أحدث الصورأحدث الصور  التسجيلالتسجيل  دخولدخول  
بحـث

نتائج البحث

Rechercher بحث متقدم
المواضيع الأخيرة
» Research and mid term Exam
::   About the exam:: Icon_minitimeالخميس يناير 01, 2009 3:15 pm من طرف Elizabeth

» sd
::   About the exam:: Icon_minitimeالخميس يناير 01, 2009 2:52 pm من طرف White Darkness

» E-mail= O_o what??
::   About the exam:: Icon_minitimeالجمعة نوفمبر 07, 2008 7:55 pm من طرف Elizabeth

» question & answer
::   About the exam:: Icon_minitimeالثلاثاء نوفمبر 04, 2008 3:22 pm من طرف because

» Assignment for "Sailing To Byzantium
::   About the exam:: Icon_minitimeالخميس أكتوبر 30, 2008 4:01 pm من طرف White Darkness

» شات المنتدى للزهقانين مثلي
::   About the exam:: Icon_minitimeالإثنين أكتوبر 27, 2008 6:30 pm من طرف White Darkness

» short stories
::   About the exam:: Icon_minitimeالخميس أكتوبر 09, 2008 5:38 pm من طرف Elizabeth

» Only great mind could read this ^_^
::   About the exam:: Icon_minitimeالخميس أكتوبر 09, 2008 5:12 pm من طرف Elizabeth

» verrrry important
::   About the exam:: Icon_minitimeالخميس أكتوبر 09, 2008 4:31 pm من طرف Elizabeth

Online Dictonary
المتواجدون الآن ؟
ككل هناك 2 عُضو متصل حالياً :: 0 عضو مُسجل, 0 عُضو مُختفي و 2 زائر

لا أحد

أكبر عدد للأعضاء المتواجدين في هذا المنتدى في نفس الوقت كان 16 بتاريخ الأحد مارس 24, 2024 10:21 pm

:: About the exam::

اذهب الى الأسفل 
3 مشترك
كاتب الموضوعرسالة
S!lence

انثى عدد الرسائل : 5
الكورس المفضل : poetry & prose
الهواية : design
المزاج : sadness
تاريخ التسجيل : 28/11/2007

::   About the exam:: Empty
مُساهمةموضوع: :: About the exam::   ::   About the exam:: Icon_minitimeالسبت يناير 05, 2008 2:58 pm

Hello girlsWhat did you do in the prose exam?According to me all the questions were nice
But I'm worry about the answer … SadThe time wasn't enough to write all what we have..
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad for that we didn't write the perfect answer
----------------------------------------
Anyway sis can we share our
Answer here for the general benefit.As I remember
The first question was about
Is (A passage to India) suffer from dissolution of form……2Q:The exploration of exotic places and the themes..
In A passage to India….
Q3:
IS the writer objective with explain the examplesQ4:Mention some characteristics of 20th c that find the in the novel?
الرجوع الى أعلى الصفحة اذهب الى الأسفل
MISS REEM

انثى عدد الرسائل : 10
الكورس المفضل : prose
الهواية : reading
تاريخ التسجيل : 02/01/2008

مُساهمةموضوع: رد: :: About the exam::   ::   About the exam:: Icon_minitimeالسبت يناير 05, 2008 3:06 pm

Thank uuuuuuu sis for this topic......I think u talk about a problem we all suffer from ..may God bless u:cheers:
Myth

الكورس المفضل : Linguistics
الهواية : Surfing the Net
تاريخ التسجيل : 29/12/2007

مُساهمةموضوع: رد: :: About the exam::   ::   About the exam:: Icon_minitimeالسبت يناير 05, 2008 6:49 pm

Your point is true about the small amount of time we had on the exam. The exam started late, and a considerable amount of time was wasted on preparing and organizing the students for the exam. Plus, we demanded that the exam duration be extended, but we were denied that too.
We, students were holding pens till the last moment when the exam papers started to be pulled away.
Personally, I think the questions were interesting, but I couldn't write all the illustrative examples I wanted to because time wasn't on our side. All in all, I think I did good in the exam, but I regret not having the chance (time) to write everything I had in mind.
Anyway, I hope all students get satisfactory grades that match up to their hopes and expectations

عدل سابقا من قبل في السبت يناير 05, 2008 8:05 pm عدل 1 مرات
Myth

مُساهمةموضوع: رد: :: About the exam::   ::   About the exam:: Icon_minitimeالسبت يناير 05, 2008 7:22 pm

As for the answers to the exam questions, I will try to answer each in brief
Regarding the 1st question of whether or not "A Passage to India" suffers from dissolution of form.
The answer is no, it doesn't. Because it has a strong and coherent form, and then you mention an example that supports your answer.. like for example, how all parts are interrelated and connected to each other as shown in the first page of the novel where the Marabar caves are mentioned in the part of the "Mosque".
The answer to the 2nd question is simply that the novel explores exotic and extraordinary places like India and the Marabar Caves. It also explores exotic ideas and habits like polygamy, circumcision. Moreover, It follows the exotic theme of the interracial friendship between Aziz and Fielding.
About the 3rd question, the novel is loaded with examples of the writer's objectivity.. but I mentioned and explained two examples and I hope they're adequate.
Now the 4the question,
Characteristics of the 20th century novel and which can be applied to the novel:
The most prominent one is Exploration of Exotic places and themes ( as mentioned above)
Innovation in Techniques: Forster uses different techniques such as duality, cohesion, showing or objectivity.
Individualism: the novel is about the relationship between two individuals Aziz and Fielding

Materialism: many characters show interest in money and accept bribery, like the Indian servants.
Deterioration of moral values: this is shown by the British immoral behavior towards the Indians.
Silence and lack of communication: we can say that there's lack of communication between the British and the Indians in the novel, and even if there's any, it eventually fails because there's no mutual understanding between the two sides.
Fragmentation, disintegration, dissolution of form are not characteristics of "A Passage to India", because Forster uses coherence in his novel.
I can't find anything about anxiety and madness in the novel.
This is in brief.. Hope I said something useful, and sorry for not explaining every point in detail, but I'm a bit busy.
Peace!
MISS REEM

مُساهمةموضوع: رد: :: About the exam::   ::   About the exam:: Icon_minitimeالسبت يناير 05, 2008 10:02 pm

Thank uuuu sooo mush myth for your explanation.U have mentioned that u did not find an example of anxiety in th nove,but I think I found an example of enxiety .e.g.When Aziz went to the mosque to take rest ,he was very sad and not feel comfortable after the bad treatment that he had received from British
MISS REEM

مُساهمةموضوع: رد: :: About the exam::   ::   About the exam:: Icon_minitimeالسبت يناير 05, 2008 10:03 pm

Thank uuuu sooo mush myth for your explanation.U have mentioned that u did not find an example of anxiety in th nove,but I think I found an example of enxiety .e.g.When Aziz went to the mosque to take rest ,he was very sad and not feel comfortable after the bad treatment that he had received from British
S!lence

مُساهمةموضوع: رد: :: About the exam::   ::   About the exam:: Icon_minitimeالأحد يناير 06, 2008 1:39 am

you`re more than welcome dear Reem:o
S!lence

مُساهمةموضوع: رد: :: About the exam::   ::   About the exam:: Icon_minitimeالأحد يناير 06, 2008 1:46 am

Thanks for passing by
Ms. Myth
The exam started late, and a considerable amount of time was wasted on preparing and organizing the students for the exam. Plus, we demanded that the exam duration be extended, but we were denied that too.
That's true
I saw some of excellent girls crying ..one of them she only answered one question.. Do you believe that ?!!!pale
It is not fair. At least they shouldn't give us the hope that the time will be extend.
Anyway, I hope all students get satisfactory grades that match up to their hopes and expectations
sunny Thank you for enlightening my topic
AND
God bless you
for the answers
All the best FOR you ,sis
Myth

مُساهمةموضوع: رد: :: About the exam::   ::   About the exam:: Icon_minitimeالأحد يناير 06, 2008 2:04 pm

اقتباس :

You're welcome, honey

About the example you've mentioned.. I don't think that it can be seen as an example of anxiety.. It mainly highlights the mental state of Aziz being depressed and frustrated at the British ill-treatment and insensitivity to him and to all the Indians. So it is more of frustration than anxiety. Besides, If a certain characteristic is to be applied to the novel, it should be sensed through many incidents throughout the novel.
Got my point?

Thank you for your response
Myth

مُساهمةموضوع: رد: :: About the exam::   ::   About the exam:: Icon_minitimeالأحد يناير 06, 2008 2:07 pm

اقتباس :
sunny Thank you for enlightening my topic

AND

God bless you

for the answers

All the best FOR you ,sis
Thank you dear, S!lence for your kind words
MISS REEM

مُساهمةموضوع: رد: :: About the exam::   ::   About the exam:: Icon_minitimeالإثنين يناير 07, 2008 1:57 pm

:oops: Thank u Myth for explaining this point

:: About the exam::
الرجوع الى أعلى الصفحة 
صفحة 1 من اصل 1
 مواضيع مماثلة
-
» midterm exam
» Research and mid term Exam
» Essay Writing Final Exam

صلاحيات هذا المنتدى:لاتستطيع الرد على المواضيع في هذا المنتدى
GoGirls :: منتدى المحاضرات و الاسئة :: The 4th year :: Prose course-