GoGirls
هل تريد التفاعل مع هذه المساهمة؟ كل ما عليك هو إنشاء حساب جديد ببضع خطوات أو تسجيل الدخول للمتابعة.

personal forum for English Literature Dpt.

الرئيسيةالرئيسية  أحدث الصورأحدث الصور  التسجيلالتسجيل  دخولدخول  
بحـث

نتائج البحث

Rechercher بحث متقدم
المواضيع الأخيرة
» Research and mid term Exam
Third Year Students Wake up[  Please Icon_minitimeالخميس يناير 01, 2009 3:15 pm من طرف Elizabeth

» sd
Third Year Students Wake up[  Please Icon_minitimeالخميس يناير 01, 2009 2:52 pm من طرف White Darkness

» E-mail= O_o what??
Third Year Students Wake up[  Please Icon_minitimeالجمعة نوفمبر 07, 2008 7:55 pm من طرف Elizabeth

» question & answer
Third Year Students Wake up[  Please Icon_minitimeالثلاثاء نوفمبر 04, 2008 3:22 pm من طرف because

» Assignment for "Sailing To Byzantium
Third Year Students Wake up[  Please Icon_minitimeالخميس أكتوبر 30, 2008 4:01 pm من طرف White Darkness

» شات المنتدى للزهقانين مثلي
Third Year Students Wake up[  Please Icon_minitimeالإثنين أكتوبر 27, 2008 6:30 pm من طرف White Darkness

» short stories
Third Year Students Wake up[  Please Icon_minitimeالخميس أكتوبر 09, 2008 5:38 pm من طرف Elizabeth

» Only great mind could read this ^_^
Third Year Students Wake up[  Please Icon_minitimeالخميس أكتوبر 09, 2008 5:12 pm من طرف Elizabeth

» verrrry important
Third Year Students Wake up[  Please Icon_minitimeالخميس أكتوبر 09, 2008 4:31 pm من طرف Elizabeth

Online Dictonary
المتواجدون الآن ؟
ككل هناك 2 عُضو متصل حالياً :: 0 عضو مُسجل, 0 عُضو مُختفي و 2 زائر

لا أحد

أكبر عدد للأعضاء المتواجدين في هذا المنتدى في نفس الوقت كان 16 بتاريخ الأحد مارس 24, 2024 10:21 pm

Third Year Students Wake up[ Please

اذهب الى الأسفل 
5 مشترك
كاتب الموضوعرسالة
abdulgawad elnady
Teaching Board
Teaching Board

ذكر عدد الرسائل : 30
الكورس المفضل : Prose
الهواية : Reading, the net
تاريخ التسجيل : 19/11/2007

Third Year Students Wake up[  Please Empty
مُساهمةموضوع: Third Year Students Wake up[ Please   Third Year Students Wake up[  Please Icon_minitimeالسبت نوفمبر 24, 2007 5:18 pm

HIiiiiiiiiii
I have been promised lots of work on Oliver Twist and till now no one has submitted anything. As i noticed, people prefer to visit the site and just end up with some kind of (whats all this about?) w khalas. I wont give up. Actually I still hope that by using this site very well we can make up for the waste of time that preceded the start of the course. Anyway here is a question for you. The quotation on page 7 which talks about hunger and ill usage..... can you comment about it please? IN your analysis i dont want you to just say who said it and the occasion and ect. No. I want you to express yourself and to comment from the two introductory lectures that we had about the charactersitics of the English novel. Am waiting for replies.

Can someone please tell 4th year ss that they have a link for the NOvel they study right here? Thank You.
الرجوع الى أعلى الصفحة اذهب الى الأسفل
White Darkness
Admin
White Darkness

انثى عدد الرسائل : 104
الكورس المفضل : Poetry
الهواية : Phptography
المزاج : Calm & Mysterious
تاريخ التسجيل : 05/11/2007

مُساهمةموضوع: رد: Third Year Students Wake up[ Please   Third Year Students Wake up[  Please Icon_minitimeالسبت نوفمبر 24, 2007 7:22 pm

;Hi
:My comment
.Charles Dickens here shows one of the main factors of the century which is "change". He represents this very well in the series of changes that will frame Oliver's life. This particular quotation comes as the beginning of this changes
According to Dickens, hunger and ill usage are two good reasons to make an orphan like Oliver to cry easily. This represents clearly the way people lived at that time, where almost everyone suffered from poverty and lack of sentimental care especially those who was born and grown up in workhouses. As it is obvious when he said "Mann gave him a thousand embraces, and, what Oliver wanted a great deal more, a piece of bread and butter", Mann wouldn't gave him "thousand embraces" if he hadn't begin crying
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Regarding the 4th year, I've told them about the forum today, but I guess you'll need to tell them by yourself to give them a second push forward to join us Because till now, I don't know what's their exact reaction Rolling Eyes
full stop

انثى عدد الرسائل : 9
الكورس المفضل : unknown till now
الهواية : reading & photoshop & internt
تاريخ التسجيل : 22/11/2007

مُساهمةموضوع: I have a question..   Third Year Students Wake up[  Please Icon_minitimeالسبت نوفمبر 24, 2007 8:04 pm

<br>

we apologize dr.Abduljawad.

about my self

I have the answers ( the assignments ) but I was hesitating if I can answer here or at the lecture

I will bring the answers tomorrow insha'a allah

femineity sense

انثى عدد الرسائل : 17
الكورس المفضل : every interesting thing
الهواية : writing&reading pooetry
تاريخ التسجيل : 21/11/2007

مُساهمةموضوع: رد: Third Year Students Wake up[ Please   Third Year Students Wake up[  Please Icon_minitimeالسبت نوفمبر 24, 2007 8:10 pm

ASALAM ALAYKOM
Hi doctor,
idon't know what i should call you
but as you are teacher Abdulgawa elnady

when you explain especiallly,when you commen on quotation ,you speak quickly so much
and that make us don't understand very well

please, doctor
can you explain more slowly than you did and repeat it more than once
to understand and write the comment after you

but i knew your explaination is excellent but we need your slow speaking

actually, i felt frustration after the last lecture
because i didn't understand well

Accept my greetings

femineity sense

مُساهمةموضوع: رد: Third Year Students Wake up[ Please   Third Year Students Wake up[  Please Icon_minitimeالسبت نوفمبر 24, 2007 10:11 pm

when iread this quotation more than once
i understand it but not enough

i remembered that you have said all the novels which were written in19th c,talking about individualism
and this novel was written at that century , talks about individualism
but idon't know if this quotation regarding this point(individualism
)
.if that is right ? tell me please and i actally didn't understant this point and what does individualism mean in this century?

i agree white darkness her expression
Elizabeth

Elizabeth

انثى عدد الرسائل : 78
الكورس المفضل : prose and drama
الهواية : internet and sometimes reading
المزاج : Uneasy
تاريخ التسجيل : 06/11/2007

مُساهمةموضوع: رد: Third Year Students Wake up[ Please   Third Year Students Wake up[  Please Icon_minitimeالأحد نوفمبر 25, 2007 6:06 pm

My comment;

It is an authorial intervention; the novel depicts the changes that took place in England during the Victorian age, it is negative changes were the number of orphans increased by the illegal birth of children or the family disintegration.

Oliver twist symbolizes them, here he suffers of bad treatment, hunger and instability; with such circumstances crying would be easy for him. We also have seen an ironical situation when the woman hug him and was sympathetic with him instead of feeding him. I think this bad treatment from the women shows the individualism and the selfishness of people at that time and the bad life of olive shows the ill treatment towards children

(If I had made mistakes in my structure, I would be glad if you told me)

flower flower flower flower flower

Elizabeth
femineity sense

مُساهمةموضوع: رد: Third Year Students Wake up[ Please   Third Year Students Wake up[  Please Icon_minitimeالإثنين نوفمبر 26, 2007 6:48 pm

i just want to thank MR.Abduljawad elnady
for his best doing to reduce from his speed speaking
in the lecture
bounce and i have realized the lecture more than before
abdulgawad elnady
Teaching Board
Teaching Board

مُساهمةموضوع: رد: Third Year Students Wake up[ Please   Third Year Students Wake up[  Please Icon_minitimeالخميس نوفمبر 29, 2007 7:02 pm

White Darkness كتب:
;Hi
:My comment
.Charles Dickens here shows one of the main factors of the century which is "change". He represents this very well in the series of changes that will frame Oliver's life. This particular quotation comes as the beginning of this changes
I ;I like what u said about change and i did talk about it many times in the lectures. Change is really a ajor concern in the novel which describes a society that moved from rural to industrial, from local to metropolitan etc. Characters change. events get complicated. Everything is in motion. Thnx 4 the idea.
According to Dickens, hunger and ill usage are two good reasons to make an orphan like Oliver to cry easily. This represents clearly the way people lived at that time, where almost everyone suffered from poverty and lack of sentimental care especially those who was born and grown up in workhouses. As it is obvious when he said "Mann gave him a thousand embraces, and, what Oliver wanted a great deal more, a piece of bread and butter", Mann wouldn't gave him "thousand embraces" if he hadn't begin crying
--------------------------------------------------------------------QuIte right but it would be better if u try top connect this quotation to the major themes andstructure of the novel like talking for a while about the previous part before the quotation then commenting on the quotation itself and then selecting for example the character of oliver to talk about etc. BUt ur contribution is so good. thank u

Regarding the 4th year, I've told them about the forum today, but I guess you'll need to tell them by yourself to give them a second push forward to join us Because till now, I don't know what's their exact reaction Rolling Eyes
abdulgawad elnady
Teaching Board
Teaching Board

مُساهمةموضوع: رد: Third Year Students Wake up[ Please   Third Year Students Wake up[  Please Icon_minitimeالخميس نوفمبر 29, 2007 7:03 pm

femineity sense كتب:
i just want to thank MR.Abduljawad elnady
for his best doing to reduce from his speed speaking
in the lecture

bounce and i have realized the lecture more than before

Jazaky Allah khiran and all the best
abdulgawad elnady
Teaching Board
Teaching Board

مُساهمةموضوع: رد: Third Year Students Wake up[ Please   Third Year Students Wake up[  Please Icon_minitimeالخميس نوفمبر 29, 2007 7:14 pm

Elizabeth كتب:
My comment;

It is an authorial intervention; the novel depicts the changes that took place in England during the Victorian age, it is negative changes were the number of orphans increased by the illegal birth of children or the family disintegration.

Oliver twist symbolizes them, here he suffers of bad treatment, hunger and instability; with such circumstances crying would be easy for him. We also have seen an ironical situation when the woman hug him and was sympathetic with him instead of feeding him. I think this bad treatment from the women shows the individualism and the selfishness of people at that time and the bad life of olive shows the ill treatment towards children

Are you talkkiung about the quotation in which therea re hunger and ill usage? OK. If so what u r saying is good but it needs more elaboration. ur language is very good and so is ur spelling. also ur mention of irony which can be elaborated more with other examples as when Dickens says the respected gentelman but he means something else. Thank u and dont worry about the structure, urs is v good.

(If I had made mistakes in my structure, I would be glad if you told me)

flower flower flower flower flower

Elizabeth
abdulgawad elnady
Teaching Board
Teaching Board

مُساهمةموضوع: رد: Third Year Students Wake up[ Please   Third Year Students Wake up[  Please Icon_minitimeالخميس نوفمبر 29, 2007 7:20 pm

[quote="femineity sense"]when iread this quotation more than once
i understand it but not enough

i remembered that you have said all the novels which were written in19th c,talking about individualism
and this novel was written at that century , talks about individualism
but idon't know if this quotation regarding this point(individualism
)
.if that is right ? tell me please and i actally didn't understant this point and what does individualism mean in this century?

i agree white darkness her expression
[/quote
What is meant by the word individual? it means a person, one human being. when u say individualism its a trend, a school of thought, an ideology. what is suggested is: taking care of the personal or private concerns of people and not communbities. Fiorster said if he had to choose between betraying his country and betraying his friend he would betray his country. That is to say his individual preferences are better than the good of his community. all novels in that age talked about individulas and their problesma nd that is why we have names of peopole in the titles of novels like crusoe or guulliver or clarissa etc. the reason behind individulaism is that people lost faith in the church and in everything and began to trust only themselves. is it clearer now? thanks]
abdulgawad elnady
Teaching Board
Teaching Board

مُساهمةموضوع: رد: Third Year Students Wake up[ Please   Third Year Students Wake up[  Please Icon_minitimeالخميس نوفمبر 29, 2007 7:22 pm

full stop كتب:

we apologize dr.Abduljawad.

about my self

I have the answers ( the assignments ) but I was hesitating if I can answer here or at the lecture

I will bring the answers tomorrow insha'a allah

Jazak Allahi khiran and most welcome any time
abdulgawad elnady
Teaching Board
Teaching Board

مُساهمةموضوع: رد: Third Year Students Wake up[ Please   Third Year Students Wake up[  Please Icon_minitimeالخميس نوفمبر 29, 2007 7:24 pm

femineity sense كتب:
ASALAM ALAYKOM
Hi doctor,
idon't know what i should call you
but as you are teacher Abdulgawa elnady

when you explain especiallly,when you commen on quotation ,you speak quickly so much
and that make us don't understand very well

please, doctor
can you explain more slowly than you did and repeat it more than once
to understand and write the comment after you

but i knew your explaination is excellent but we need your slow speaking

actually, i felt frustration after the last lecture
because i didn't understand well

Accept my greetings

Thank u so much and am doing my best to speak as slow as i can. the problem is we have a vry short span of time left before the ned of the course. but ill do my best. i promise. salamo alikom and many thanks
femineity sense

مُساهمةموضوع: رد: Third Year Students Wake up[ Please   Third Year Students Wake up[  Please Icon_minitimeالإثنين ديسمبر 03, 2007 6:43 pm

thanks doctor for your explaination
its so clear & understandable

thanks again

and i wanna write my comments soon for some quotations
,and i ask u to correct it for me
to be full answer as u want us
bounce to do in the final exam

Third Year Students Wake up[ Please
الرجوع الى أعلى الصفحة 
صفحة 1 من اصل 1
 مواضيع مماثلة
-
» Do 4th year students have a similar forum?
» PLEASE STUDENTS &DOCTOR
» where are u 4th year

صلاحيات هذا المنتدى:لاتستطيع الرد على المواضيع في هذا المنتدى
GoGirls :: منتدى المحاضرات و الاسئة :: The 3rd year :: Prose course :: First term-
انتقل الى: